AT THE FOREFRONT
OF COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
Founded on August 28, 1996, Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. (Foton) is a trans-regional, trans-industry and trans-ownership state holding listed company. Headquartered in Changping District, Beijing, with existing assets of nearly 30 billion yuan and nearly 40,000 employees.
Foton is a large enterprise group that takes Beijing as the management center, owns vehicle and parts departments in nine provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions including Beijing, Tianjin, Shandong, Hebei, Hunan, Hubei, Liaoning, Guangdong and Xinjiang, and has R & D branches distributed in countries and regions such as China, Japan, Germany, India, Russia etc., but also exports products to more than 80 countries and regions.
In 2010, Foton’s brand value stood at 38.872 billion yuan, ranking first in the commercial vehicle field; in the same year, Foton sold more than 680,000 units, maintaining the lead among global commercial vehicle manufacturers.
In global commercial vehicle sector, the annual sales of FOTON ranks Top 2 in the world and Top 1 in Asia; in global light-duty truck sector, FOTON light trucks’ annual sales ranks first in the world. Foton Motor is present in over 70 countries around the world.
- No. 1 commercial vehicle manufacturer in China
- Headquarters in Beijing
- Founded in 1996
- Nearly 40,000 employees
- State-owned holding company
- Listed in the Shanghai Stock Exchange
- R&D Centres in China, Japan, Germany, India, Russia etc..
- Record 2,260,000 vehicles sold in 12 years
- Most complete range of vehicles
- Leading manufacturer of Hybrid and Electric buses and coaches
- Other subsidiaries manufactures products including light trucks and vans, heavy trucks and equipment and passenger vehicles
- 20% of output to be for oversea markets
- Joint venture with Daimler, Mercedes Benz and Hyundai
R&D and Environmental Concerns
Foton has a comprehensive technological innovation ecosystem with its own Auto Engineering Research Institute, overseas R&D Centres in China, Japan, Germany and India, Russia, etc, as well as collaborations with supply-chain R&D institutes and institutes of higher learning globally.
Its Energy Saving and Emission Reduction Laboratories are among the world’s leading research facilities in environmental protection.
Foton: Going Global
Foton began to market its products internationally in 2002 and today its export business is growing at a rate of 35% annually.
Foton is sold in over 70 countries around the world and is now the No. 5 auto exporter in China.